Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add telescience blocks on the mining Z-level
I'm going to preface this by saying that I know that this is a pretty drastic change for what is probably a kind of flimsy reason, and you're free to shoot it down as hard as you like, I'd just like to bring this to the table.

As a veteran telesci nerd, I know the joy and wonder of being able to zap across space using portals and being able to grab all sorts of cool stuff, from the Captain's spare ID card to the AI to the drinks lined up at the bar. However, I feel like the ability to do this has drastically cheapened the allure of the mining z-level and the myriad wonders therein, because there's very little reason to actually go into space and go exploring yourself when you can just zap the loot straight onto your doorstep. And there's lots of loot to be found, from the NecroScan module to a chemgrenade kit to all sorts of crates filled with a whole bunch of shit. There's some pretty nifty stuff out there, and it kind of saddens me that the drive for exploration is lost as a result of telesci removing the need for actually GOING to places in order to get shit.

Due to this, I propose that there be an increase of telesci blocks across the mining z-level, for the primary purpose of encouraging that people actually go out there, find the shit, and brave whatever dangers may lie in wait instead of punching a few buttons into a console. It adds some actual challenge beyond that of mathematics to getting all of that cool stuff, and it will help give people a reason to climb into a pod and go exploring, which is something that I just about never see nowadays.

Messages In This Thread