Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sec shakedown machine
Sundance Wrote:Alot of traitor items, such as the syndicate storage and the derringer, are built for hiding. Being completely removed of all their stuff and stuffed into the evidence locker completely nullifies this. I really don't support this.

I was recently stripped, and my derringer remained hidden in my shoe until my clothes were returned to me. Presumably if they were examined the items could be found but that's not necessarily more likely than the current situation; so long as 'hidden' items weren't automatically exposed by this process I don't see a problem.

I do like this as a whole although I think improvements to prison life should occur first, because it's generally just boring (and on the whole, it's miscreants rather than traitors who get thrown in the brig). There might be a bit of a chicken and egg situation there, though. It might be nice if there were more ways to hide smaller items, both on your person and in brig items, so if you're thrown in you could read notes from other traitors, trade items, things of that nature.

As regards to the prison ID, an idea I was going to post elsewhere was to allow sec computers to remove access and create a 'Parolee' ID, potentially one that would automatically wear off. It's an unused system but if it was easier to use/implement, you could use the brig as a holding cell and 'punish' crimers that way.

Say, you process Traitor RD with this machine, automatically reduce his access to staff assistant, then release him with a big PAROLEE ID and possibly still in the orange suit. Traitor only spends 1min in sec total, is less bitter because he's back in the game quicker, and can return to his hidden item stash or be assisted by other crims.

Messages In This Thread