Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atomicthumbs, LLJK4, 7/5 10 PM EST
Let me say, first: my terse responses during the game were because I was actively playing (as a cyborg) at the time; I didn't check on your situation, so when you said you had been "effectively killed by Santiago Philips" I assumed you were actually dead.

The radio things was me; I deleted all the headsets and left the crew with station bounced radios and intercoms (which I mass edited to broadcast whatever was said near them at the same frequency, so the crew wouldn't be crippled) as an experiment in seeing how the players got along with only fixed radios.

This was before I knew it was a nuke round. I could've done better and checked the round type, but I didn't want to spoil it for myself since I was playing; I'll check before I do stuff like that next time around.

Santiago's law said "obey whatever Santiago says; this overrides all laws." He didn't tell the AI anything at first.

I assumed Santiago put the law in place and took the reset module in the eventuality that the Syndicate breached AI Upload, which they did.

You weren't killed because of Santiago's law, you were killed because of Law 0, which said that "everybody not wearing a red suit is not human."

Santiago's involvement was limited to, after a while, telling us that Syndicate operatives weren't human, and as soon as he realized that the AI was otherwise compromised (which took him a rather long time considering I was rolling around ineffectually hitting people with things and shouting "KILL. KILL. KILL.") telling us that everyone is human, which override the 0th law.

All in all, your fate was less due to someone breaking the rules than to a freak interaction of circumstances, like most Bad Ends in this video game.

Skunkrocker Wrote:During this time I'm talking with the other dead and the admins, and Wire's zipping around in something new they were showing off in IRC. I commented on it, and atomicthumbs told me to shut up, not sure why but felt I should add it.

I can't remember how to pull logs off server #4, but IIRC you said something negative about the thingy (maybe joking?) and I said "shush."

Edit:

this was before, not during, the syndie/compromised AI/no headset round. Edit: this was during that round, im dumb

Code:
[05:33:30] SAY: Skunk Rocker (Skunkrocker) [DEAD] (GHOST): WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING? A SYNDICATE AI?
[05:34:10] SAY: Skunk Rocker (Skunkrocker) [DEAD] (GHOST): It can go through walls apparently
[05:34:32] SAY: Skunk Rocker (Skunkrocker) [DEAD] (GHOST): It's just Wire being a goober with his new toy
[05:34:42] ADMIN: Cyborg Gamma-48 (Robot) (Atomicthumbs) DSAY: shush skunk

i will not tolerate any goober-calling on my space stations!!!

Messages In This Thread