Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GENETICS
This is now a no shit-post area, you've had 2 Genetics threads prior to express your hatred of the job and of the people who play the job.

I'm not even sure where to start, this is now my third thread on Genetics and trying to improve it for people who actually enjoy, or enjoyed I should say. Playing Geneticist.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4744 - My first thread, reaching 7 pages and 1000+ views, not a single change or improvement was considered from anyones opinions in the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5026&start=15 Multiple ideas of new powers which quite a few people came up with, not a single idea considered, and not a single staff member comment.

If these were threads with the subject name replaced for Chemistry I can only imagine the amount of staff members willing to listen and give their own thoughts and ideas.

The hatred of Geneticists and the job has gone on for so long the balance of the jobs is inequitable.
[Image: a16d744d91.png]

The argument against Genetics getting half of the "op" powers is just that, people think they'll be over powered. To that I say you're god damn blind. Chemistry has an almost untypeable amount of OP recipes, explosions, fire, ice, gravity, sooooooooo many poisons and drugs and OH HEEYY You can mix all these buggers together!!

I cannot express enough and I'm sure you do know this yourself, chemistry is OP, but do you see people constantly bitch and complain that they want it nerfed? Like when Genetics had a few decent (effective) powers? OF COURSE NOT, because it only takes 5 minutes for the people who hate Genetics so much to make their god potions and go ham.

Compare this to Genetics which takes 40 minutes to find the power you're looking for then to find the corresponding booster, all a while worrying that some guy is going to destroy your APC just because they don't want anyone cloned or because they hate Genetics, or if the AI is thinking twice about funding you all a while bodies are being slowly funneled in.

I can't even think of anything original to say in this thread that hasn't been mentioned in any of my previous threads to do with Genetics, so i'll just type out a big bold message for staff members who are willing to listen to the community and balance this out.

Coders: Take 10 minutes to read my previous threads and then 30 minutes to sit and contemplate how terrible and useless Genetics is now. The powers that cause little stability aren't worth having and the ones that are worth having cost your eye sight and hearing.

I'm asking for a dedicated coder to take Genetics under your mystical wing and make a job that people are intrigued to play and learn, not a job that is hated by everyone under the sun. If this means removing cloning, then so be it.

New powers
Traitor effective powers
Credits for cloning people
Listening to these monster genetic related threads
Listening to suggestions
Implemented improvements
Overseeing effects of improvements and updates

Put as much thought and care as you put into Chemistry, into Genetics.

The bias against Genetics has gone on for too long. Make the job great again.

Messages In This Thread