Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wonkmen LLJK:4 1:30 PM EST
Mofleaker Wrote:I've just observed a round where the shuttle was called at 50 minutes with the station in complete working order. I guarantee you the person that called the shuttle didn't think for a second they were metagaming.

This is a shame and baseless shuttle calls should probably at least get a frown. We'll probably discuss this in admin circles first.

Mofleaker Wrote:It's unfair to be yelling at people for breaking some new unspoken appendage to a rule. Not even the page about metagaming on the wiki mentions anything about the shuttle, so how could these people could have known what they were doing was wrong? I certainly didn't because this has never been a problem with the administration before.

Look, I'm not sure about you folks but /even as a player/ this never had to be explained to me. For me it was clear as day that calling the shuttle because the status tab displays a number is about as metagaming as pasting chat output directly back into say or something. In any case, I guess we'll put it up there after much deliberation.

Ed Venture Wrote:Put yourself in a ghost position if you sit in deadchat for over a hour you are going to be even more bored then the people walking around doing nothing.

I might as well open this particular can of worms. This is basically the issue. You're constantly pushing for terrifyingly lethal shit to remain terrifyingly lethal, and the round times to remain proportionately short. These things complement each other, if it's not goddamn trivial to land a kill, maybe the round becomes longer and more interesting.

Messages In This Thread