Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Not Over Yet: Escape Shuttle Transit Period
Not too long ago I took a private SS13 server for a spin (joined it, didn't run it) and was pretty impressed by how they handled the Escape Shuttle. Instead of instantly warping to Centcomm, the shuttle spent about a minute or so 'In-Transit' through Hyperspace. After leaving the station, the shuttle and everyone inside was taken to a Hyperspace area where all of the space tiles appeared to be moving (think Star Wars) and the players had about two minutes to kill/heal each other before arriving at Centcomm. I'm pretty sure this was implemented on the /tg/ and /vg/ stations back in the day, but it's been a while since I've played on those servers.

Anywho, here's what I propose: Instead of instantly warping to Centcomm, the Escape Shuttle could spend a minute or two in Hyperspace Transit. Anyone tossed out of the shuttle emerges in a random point of space, but if this becomes a problem the shuttle could be outfitted with a 'Panic Button' of sorts, which seals the exterior airlocks. Adding this feature could potentially lower the frequency of Escape Wing clusterfucks caused by a last-ditch traitor attempt while also giving the traitor(s) an extra chance to take care of their target before reaching Centcomm.

As usual, apologies if this has already been suggested! I took a quick look using the search function and didn't find anything.

Messages In This Thread