Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling Suggestion Thread!
I'll admit that I haven't been playing very much (thanks, school) lately, but the main reason why I've always disagreed with the homing fuck you acid spit isn't necessarily the fact that it's a no-effort homing KO, though that definitely doesn't have anything to do with it. It's that it's completely and wholly unstealthy but was also the main go-to for changelings, if only by necessity. I was always of the impression that changelings were supposed to be the sneaky antagonist with a few panic buttons in case things get really hairy, but the thrice-damned homing KO loogies turned the changeling from sneaky saboteur to one-alien death machine which totally goes against the thematic element of the antagonist. Furthermore, all of the changeling's good abilities are purely offensive ones, your stings and spits. All of the "utility" or "defense" abilities range from highly situational (regenerative stasis) to borderline counterproductive (monkey) and that needs to change. The only really GOOD non-offensive ability the changeling has is voice mimic, and that goes tragically unused in almost all cases.

More things that confuse and terrify the hell out of the station and help the changeling avoid suspicion/detection are what we need. I absolutely love the critter-limb idea for that exact reason, and the acid spit's change from instant knockout to heavy brute damage prevents it from being an easy "fuck this guy" button that the changeling can press to get a free meal. Really, Sundance's comparison to the problems of wizards isn't too far off, and it's all the more egregious in the changeling's case when you realize that the changeling more than likely isn't even SUPPOSED to be the all-guns-blazing no-hold-barred antagonist but that what it's turned into as a result of its repertoire.

And for the love of god, someone please fix the headspiders. They've gotten a bit better but they're still buggy as hell last time I checked.

Messages In This Thread