Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites
(12-10-2016, 09:56 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: I quite like the idea of cutting the heart out of an ice spider and transplanting it into the clown.
Who knows what would happen?
Although, this would have to wait for organs to be finished.

This quote gave me an idea, though it is a rather terrible idea, and nothing's more terrifying than a terrible idea in a spriter's mind.

Ice spider heart extraction and human implantation!

So I made a bunch of sprites and a relevant infographic!
[Image: lqEqQsY.png]
Ta-daah!

The process begins with the extraction of a heart from an ice spider, bad news is the the only spider large enough to do this with is a queen ice spider!

Whoah! Once you get the heart out, you'll immediately notice two things about it: It's huge and weird looking! There's no way that'd fit in a person or even begin to properly work! (It's based off of an actual spider heart.)

If you think that, then you're right. You gotta trim it down using a scalpel. You're pretty sure that those extra bits and doo-dads aren't useful for anything, right?

After that, you need to make it so that it'll actually work when implanted into a human. That means making sure that all the tubing lines up, and what's the best way to do that? Just use a human function heart! Just sorta, cram it in there while ripping off the redundant parts with your bare hands, yeah! (I was going to only make it work with cyberhearts, but then I decided to let the other hearts work to allow the crew to go full Frankenstein with their heart experiments. Artifact hearts incompatible due to mystery of their function and also not being in the game)

Once everything is in place, staple it all together, along with any remaining holes, and then just transplant it into your lucky victim patient! (The bottom bits on the finished sprite have the dual purpose of logically sealing that part of the heart, and also giving a visual indicator to the difference between the finished heart and the unfinished heart, since having staples be the only difference would be unnecessarily difficult to distinguish at a glance.)

Honestly, due to the massive amount of effort it takes to obtain a functional ice spider heart, it probably should just act as a really good heart, giving a high stamina cap and stamina regen to people. Sort of akin to space-bear arms or wendingo arms.

DMI should be attached, bless any coder willing to touch organ code.

Attached Files
.dmi   iceSpiderHeart.dmi (Size: 1.52 KB / Downloads: 302)

Messages In This Thread