Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Relationship Between Traitors and the HoS
Once again I'd rather this thread not be about what actually happened during that round, as i still perceive this as a much larger problem in the userbase in general.
Ed Venture Wrote:This is a extremely bad habit that I use to have, that ended up backfire in my face in which someone (the person who said this is a HOS now as well) told me I need to try and trust my officers and assume right from the get go that they are shit. You need to learn to trust that your officers can help you and not think they are a nuisance, that part of your attitude needs to change.
The way i see it, it's the HoS' job to keep an eye out for how security act towards the crew. If every Security Officer had a complete grasp of all the rules, were all robust enough to a point where they know how to actually hit someone with a baton without stunning themselves and that they knew all the nuances of when to enforce a rule, and when not to, we wouldn't need to have a HoS to begin with. It's my job doubting their every decision, which means you have to take try and take an unbiased look at them, naturally the easiest way to do this is just to assume they are all equally shit.

Ed Venture Wrote:Just because something seems easier does not make it the right course of action.
Sure, but you try making a bunch of split-second decisions and see if you get them all right.

Ed Venture Wrote:I highly disagree in order to improve we need to be able to remember the fundamentals and not be a gun-ho security officer with shotguns.
Technically, he had the shotgun. And sure a HoS still needs to know how to use a flash properly, nor should he be a gun-ho security officer, and i think we can both agree that's not how i played in that round. I made a decision that it was too risky to actually get him to security without any mishaps happen, and as a result dealt with the problem on the spot. I achieved my goals of not dying. You are more than free to disagree with the decision i made on the spot, but i personally don't think it was the wrong one i chose.

Messages In This Thread