Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Relationship Between Traitors and the HoS
Sundance Wrote:There was (and still is) a "valid" mindset, where once an antagonist was known, it was fair game. That's all fine and dandy if you're a civilian. But you're not a civilian. You're not just security either, you're the HoS. Killing a downed player is not a sign of robustness. Arresting a player and setting up a scheme that will dampen any plan B or C that player is in my eyes, robust. It means that you're one step ahead. It means you've used your brains. And you did it without sinking to the traitors level.

The whole thing about HoS is balance. In this instance, I would of not murdered the traitor as while yes, it is "valid" to kill them, I would've gotten a whole lot more pleasure out of arresting them, taking their shit and watching them squirm.

I could not have said it better myself.

Quote:but i generally don't trust officers to actually make any competent decisions. ever.

This is a extremely bad habit that I use to have, that ended up backfire in my face in which someone (the person who said this is a HOS now as well) told me I need to try and trust my officers and assume right from the get go that they are shit. You need to learn to trust that your officers can help you and not think they are a nuisance, that part of your attitude needs to change.

Quote:All this combined made me reach the conclusion that it would be a trillion times easier to make sure none of my officers

Just because something seems easier does not make it the right course of action.

Quote:the guidelines for Security officers are completely irrelevant when it comes to the Head of Security.

I highly disagree in order to improve we need to be able to remember the fundamentals and not be a gun-ho security officer with shotguns.

Messages In This Thread