Hokie's Mentor Application
Anticheese Wrote:I've only seen this guy when he's parading around the halls as captain. While he's decent at that and polite enough, I've never seen him in any other role. Also, I've not seen or heard of him pulling anything particularly notable or creative either as a traitor or just someone playing around.

I'm sure he's a decent player, but I don't think that mostly playing captain and engineer by the book is enough for this. His stated goal of trying to "prevent player rage gained from fucking with admin spawned items, so less people can get banned" seems a bit silly to me - admin fuckery doesn't generally end up with newbies being banned, and mentorhelp questions (from what I've seen since coming aboard) tend to be more along the lines of "How do I be a fun bartender?" and "What spells would you say are good for a first-time wizard?" rather than "I just found a Fist of the Robusters. Griff time?".

If you are getting bored as a captain, go out there and try new things! Forget playing security, since enforcing the law as captain got boring for you. Try a whole bunch of different jobs, and do a different thing each time you play. If you see someone else do something cool, try and work out how they did it and how you can improve on it.

Basically, do more stuff and relax a little. Your mentor application is far too serious, and you could do with taking a break from rote patrolling and setting up the singularity.

Thanks for the advice, I've been trying to play as HoP and scientist recently, and I'm gonna try and branch out a bit. In hindsight, the reason I gave was horrible, and having no reason at all probably would have been better. I really just wanted to get that part over with, as I couldn't figure out what to say. Thank you for the constructive criticism

Messages In This Thread