Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polybius: The "ghost" arcade machine
Anyone here know about the arcade game Polybius? Basically, it's an arcade game released in 1981 that may or may not have existed. Apparently, it caused players to go insane, causing them to suffer from stress, horrific nightmares, and suicidal tenancies. A short time after it's release, it supposedly disappeared.

After learning of it's existence, I realized how fucking awesome it would be if we had something like this on the station. Put it in a dark corner of the station, and to get it running one would need to go about getting random things to repair it with and such. Some games it spawns, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe make the location random? Perhaps it could be implemented to where it has a one tenth chance of spawning, or even lower.

Once someone gets the game up and running, random, horrific shit could happen. Maybe cause mass hysteria, hallucinations, ect. Until eventually they get knocked out and enter a dream state (mob just teleports) to a horrific nightmare-like place.

Now this would be difficult to code, so I understand if this gets a "no." But the idea of having something like this is feasible. I just described how I think would be the best way of doing something like this. That's why suggestions to this would be great, as my ideas are sometimes ambitious, to say the least.

Regardless if the idea is shitty or structurally sound, it's an interesting topic and controversy.

[Image: 220px-Polybius_Cabinet.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_%28video_game%29

Messages In This Thread