Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Fanny Packs
I just finished a round and discovered that fanny packs are in the game; tourists spawn with them! For the longest time I've thought that fanny packs for nuke operatives would be a perfect addition both in utility and tone. It's good and practical to have a belt-mounted backpack, considering how important the jetpack is. It's even better for the tough-as-nails suicide-revenge-mission operatives to stuff their murder gear in a goofy little waist pouch. Bonus if it has custom Syndicate branding, as if they're trying to make a fanny pack look sinister and/or stylish.

This leaves both hands free and keeps you from choosing between losing all your gear if you go down and having easy access to your jetpack/air supply. It removes the handy holster function the belt slot normally provides, so you can't draw nearly as quickly if your backpack inventory isn't already open.

I know the lessened restrictions on the utility belt is already handy for this purpose and everyone carries their backpack in-hand anyway, but the important part is it's just not as funny.

You could either remove backpacks from the shuttle and let syndicate fanny packs hold normal items, or let both exist and have the fanny pack be a reskinned utility belt comedy option. Either one might prevent it from being a completely superior change. Even a compromise to leave one backpack for everyone to fight over/decide who gets to be the gear mule could work.

On the other hand, ditching the jetpack for stealth loses a lot of the advantages of the pack, and it's this case where the backpack is clearly better. Even then, they can just find another backpack in crew storage or a dead assistant. Plus having someone trying to pass as a crew member and getting caught because of a suspicious fanny pack, of all things, is too good to pass up.

Messages In This Thread