Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact research scripts
So I've been spending a bit of time with artifact research lately and since I also recently figured out how the guardbuddies work I remembered that there was this bit about scripts for Dwaine terminals on the wiki. Long story short, typing the same commands into the art-research computer over and over is a pain so I made myself some scripts to make things more convenient and thought I'd share them here.
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 1|ngptio activate xray ^./xr1
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 2|ngptio activate xray ^./xr2
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 3|ngptio activate xray ^./xr3
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 4|ngptio activate xray ^./xr4
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 5|ngptio activate xray ^./xr5
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 6|ngptio activate xray ^./xr6
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 7|ngptio activate xray ^./xr7
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 8|ngptio activate xray ^./xr8
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 9|ngptio activate xray ^./xr9
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 10|ngptio activate xray ^./xr10
echo #!|ngptio read xray ^./xr

echo #!|ngptio activate heater ^./ha
echo #!|ngptio deactivate heater ^./hd
echo #!|ngptio read heater ^./hr
echo #!|ngptio poke heater temptarget 200 ^./htm
echo #!|ngptio poke heater temptarget 400 ^./htp

echo #!|ngptio activate elecbox ^./ea
echo #!|ngptio deactivate elecbox ^./ed
echo #!|ngptio read elecbox ^./er
echo #!|ngptio poke elecbox voltage 1 ^./evl
echo #!|ngptio poke elecbox voltage 100 ^./evh
echo #!|ngptio poke elecbox wattage 1 ^./ewl
echo #!|ngptio poke elecbox wattage 50 ^./ewh
Each line creates one script file in your current directory, you just have to navigate to /mnt/artlab first and then enter them one by one. The bit at the end is the filename, modify it to your liking but I wanted them as short as possible so I just used one letter for the device, one for the command and one for additional distinction. Should be pretty self-explanatory what they do, for the xray I combined setting the value and activating because it deactivates by itself and this allows for quickly scanning through all strength values. I didn't bother with the pitcher because I never use it but feel free to make your own.
I also tried making a script that would go through the voltages/wattages at increments of 10 but there is no delay command so it seems to just process about 4 commands at once. Also unless there is a way to upload a file instead of manually entering it the character limit means you have to break up the script into about 20 lines you have to enter one by one. Wasn''t there a paper scanner on the station somewhere? maybe with that, anyways have fun.

Messages In This Thread