Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Greetings.

in this thread I will list the traitor items that I think are severely underused, and state ideas that might make them better! you are free to suggest things too!

-Stealth Container-
I have almost never seen someone use this, and I think even 2 crystals is too much. a better idea would for the container to become a wearable item, with a rightclick > hide item option

-Chemistry Grenade Kit-
One of the most useless traitor items at the moment without a doubt! You get a measly three grenades, and with the smoke and foam nerfs these are fairly pointless. you can even make a similar item for free! (beaker/igniter assembly)

To improve this item, I would suggest the box spawns with special 'traitor only' chemicals inside that only work with the grenades... Superacids, explosive compounds,
etc.

-Mini-radiation Crossbow-
the most commonly used of the list, but that not saying much! What sounds like a fantastic, stealthy assassination weapon is in fact a one shot, inaccurate, slowly recharging weapon. Even the puny derringer gets 2 shots!

To improve this item I would first suggest removing the stupidly loud *twang* and enormous horribly obvious green blob that is it's projectile. Give it two shots, but a longer recharge time. Seriously, this is supposed to be a stealth weapon! why is is louder then an e-sword??

-Syndicate Robot-
This item is pretty expensive for something that can be easily achieved via changing the AI laws or swiping cyborgs with an e-mag! These robots can still be shut-down or blown up by the AI, making them even more useless!

To improve This item, I would first make the cyborg immune to AI intervention, or perhaps send the AI a 'fake' message telling it the lock down was successful. Secondly, the syndicate robot would recieve a special traitor like item depending on the module it selected, but disguised as one of the normal tools it would get, for example:

A syndicate cyborg with chemist module would get: mini fog machine
A syndicate cyborg with engineering module would get: 'stunning wire' disguised as it's normal wire tool
A syndicate cyborg with Janitor module gets: spacelube spray bottle

You get the idea. maybe you guys can think of some better ones.

-FogMachine-3000-

Cumbersome, horribly obvious, still deadly to yourself and expensive to boot, the fog machine 3000 is never used. It even has to be wrenched before it can be used!

To make this item better, the fog machine would spawn with a special gas mask and suit that stops any smoke or foam from transferring reagents to you, as long as you also have internals on. It would not prevent injections or hydrosprays etc.

-Syringe Gun-

I've not seen this used much, maybe it;s because medical traitor doctors have the sleepy pen or e'magged injectors instead?

The few suggestions i would make is for the syringe projectile to move a bit faster, the ability for the gun to carry DNA syringes, and perhaps a box of prefilled syringes (toxin/sleep toxin etc) that would come with the gun or could be purchased.

Messages In This Thread