Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporter Program
I wanted to program something for ss13, and I was tired of having to use paper and pencil for the teleporter lab, so I wrote a small javascript program.

It can tell you what X and Y to use if you want to get to specific coordinates based upon two tests. It works reliably and I've used it a couple of rounds. Although sometimes the in-game variables change mid-round...

I've been thinking about releasing this, although I don't know if that's a good or BAD idea... I know that there are already lists that contain the coords of specific items, and this program would make it very easy for people to steal items.

I also adapted a copy of the station map that was available and over-laid the program onto the map. With a little bit of code and tweaking I made it possible to get the coordinates of any square on the map. I'm thinking of doing the same to mining after I splice together some pictures I took of the layout.

I don't think I will release the station map one, as it's open to massive abuse. For example, it's fairly easy to pluck chemists out of their chairs and send them to the monkey pin. I'm saving it for a round where I get traitor scientist so I can teleport bombs into windows all over the station Twisted

Thoughts? I'd be willing to release the no-map version if it's not objected to.

No-map version
[Image: tsjy2.jpg]

Map version
[Image: tvpcm.jpg]

Messages In This Thread