Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse the cloaker nerf
I think the biggest problem with the cloak now is that it's wildly inconsistent in what you can do versus what you can't, and this post summed it up well:

ClockworkCupcake Wrote:I got a chance to test it and here are all the obvious things that do / do not disrupt the cloak at the moment. When the cloak is disrupted, it switches off and I think there's a visible message in the chat for people in line of sight.

Disrupts:
Picking up an object on a different tile
Clicking a door off your tile
Clicking the floor off your tile
Basically plainly left-clicking anything off of your tile - attacking a person, interacting with an item, anything

Does not disrupt:
Picking up an object on the same tile
Dropping an object
Walking into a door
Ctrl-click or right-click pulling an object or person off your tile
Throwing (via button or shift-click) an object off your tile
Stripping someone or placing something on them
Using right-click -> move inside on a locker

It's also way too easy to accidentally trigger the turnoff for the cloak. Oops, you clicked on an empty floor tile with nothing in your hand, even though it has no effect your cloak is off.

You also can't be a stealthy troublemaker by, say, emagging doors open willy nilly. But at the same time, you can throw items around and drag people? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd like to see a change where large actions like throwing, firing a weapon, etc. trigger it, as well as anything that targets a player or other mob (so no punching or attacks)... but actions like using items on floors, walls, etc. don't, so you can still e-mag your way around, or build walls invisibly, or randomly crowbar up floor tiles.

That way you remove the ability for someone to go on direct murderspree with weaponry, and encourage more stealthy, indirect ways of subterfuge.

Messages In This Thread