Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for Comments: Stealth Nuclear Emergency
So a criticism that is levied at the Nuclear Emergency round as it stands is that it's often very fast, either with the Syndicates boom and zoom the Captain and get the disk early and the round ends within ten minutes, or with the Syndicates rushing and getting surprised by competent crew that beat them. There's rarely any finesse by the Syndicates or any chance for the crew to beat the Syndicates once they have the disk, given the base's isolation (unless a syndicate is stupid enough to allow the crew to get one of their teleporter controllers).

I recently suggested having a sort of "stealth" nuke mode on #2, which seemed to be received well by the folks that were on then. I figured I'd flesh it out and get some input from others before I tried dicking around with coding it.

Rough sketch for Stealth Nuclear Emergency
Either one leader and 1-5 agents (as it is now) or just 1-6 equal "agents", one of whom has a station bounced radio that is locked

All agents start with normal jobs, like traitors

The nuke will be a permanent fixture on the station in some kinda secure area. We can explain it in character as a fail-safe as an ironic preventive measure to protect the station's research from the Syndicate or something. There'd be a console that the Syndicates would have to put the auth disk and code in to activate it.

Agents would have a popup telling them to confer with other agents to meet up - once all agents meet up and provide a code, the station bounced radio can be unlocked (to prevent the dude who spawns with the radio from spawning a bunch of dumb shit all by himself) -- this could be accomplished either through PDA messaging or by maintaining the :h ability on their headsets.

Since syndicates would start on the station, the list of items able to be obtained through the SBR would have to be adjusted. Any ideas?

Once agents have met up, they can either decide to stick together as one unit or go off and prepare themselves using tools from their own jobs (scientists could prepare chemicals and bombs, janitors could stockpile cleaner to slip up heads/security, mechanics could create extra gear, etc.) and then strike when they're ready. This would give nuke more variety than just "oh, the captain got hit with an RPG and there goes the station."

Lastly, with the agents starting on the station, I think the need for free pinpointers is eliminated - either steal the Captain's or just find the captain. The ability to hide in plain sight would make a tool that directs you straight to the objective a bit overpowered, in my opinion.

Comments/critiques/further thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Messages In This Thread