Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arc Smelter Feedback Thread
So, the new smelter is cool and all, but a few problems come have up after tinkering with it for half an hour on a quiet round. I'm writing this in the early hours of the morning and I'm about to fall asleep, so please bear with me here.

At the moment you can only really make metal sheets. That's great, except that so far I've found that the metal type isn't preserved often with things made from those sheets. Rods turn into a generic grille, girders retain their metal type, but turn into regular walls even with the same sheet finishing them off, and folded chairs lose any special properties when re-folded.

All alloys appear to have a degree of transparency, even when no molitz is in the mix.

Its also possible to stick a mauxite bar into the smelter, roll that into a sheet of metal, and get ten mauxite bars out of the recycler. All metal treated this way becomes mauxite, but there's the obvious exploit out of the way.

I'm really excited about the possibilities this could have, but these bugs and oddities limit the usefulness of what you can achieve with new alloys at the moment. Some kind of metalurgical analysis thing would be nice too, so material composition, any special properties it might have, and what adjectives already in the game like 'good' and 'sturdy' translate to would add a lot of depth to the whole thing. We were even able to get erebite alloys, and if a fully fledged materials properties system is half as magical as I think it could be, the sky is the limit with the arc smelter.

If anyone finds any more bugs related to arc smelter metal or feedback, please feel free to post.

Messages In This Thread