Rube Potter's HoS Application
AdenAbrafOfTheO Wrote:From what little experience I had with Rube he didn't really keep a level head. I was fucking with sec a lot as an assistant, yes, but requesting the right to murder me is a bit over the top.

From the round you are recalling this experience I never once requested the crew attempt to kill you. I joined the shift as a Sec Officer, as soon as I entered the Office I found you and Javier Costello waiting for me. Javier stunned me with a stolen baton, and took my id. You pulled me into the brig and tried to take my backpack. I stopped you, and realizing that the Brig was breached by a blob I let you out after taking your id since Javier took mine. At this point I presumed you could have been a mindslave with Javier as the traitor, but I decided that taking your id was punishment enough.

I found Javier in medbay with an energy gun. He shot lasers at me and hit a bystander, and after a fight he stunned me and was chased by a mob. After this I thought javier was a traitor and I alerted the crew that Javier was a traitor for shooting people in Medbay.

At this point the shit hit the fan, by this time the Cap,HoP, and Security were either too stupid to do anything or were dead. What resulted was the crew using a stolen taser, they shot javier and lynched him in Medbay. I dropped our id and told where I put it. Then a shithead took the id, and the crew lynched him because they thought it was you, since you were talking Javier over the radio. The crew presumed you were javier's Mindslave.

I never ordered the crew to kill you. I thought you were an unarmed mindslave, and I presumed that javier (who had multiple weapons at this time since Sec was looted, and the Captain was robbed) was a traitor. SInce I took your id and you did not try and kill me, I ignored you and focused on trying to stop javier. However, it is true that the crew did try and kill you, but I remember you surviving and escaping to the shuttle .

in deadchat, Javier told me that the Captain was shooting lasers at people so he stole the energy gun. The sec was acting just as shitty to it resulted in them being killed and robbed. he said he stole my id to try and attack the captain with and he apologized to me for robbing me one minute after I join the game.

That round was really shitty, and the shit hit the fan right before I joined. It is hard to be a sec officer when sec has been looted, the captain and hop disposed of, and I am robbed after walking into sec. I am sorry I took your id and acted very stern towards what in normal rounds would be minor thing. But I had to do my best when dealing with a lynch-mob style crew armed with stun weapons, and a traitor running around with weaponry. I promise you, if I knew how the round progressed before I joined I would have acted differently. But I did not, and I had to act in the best I could using the information and resources I had.

Messages In This Thread