Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good Sec Thread(tm)
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I just want to add to this thread by saying, if you've arrested someone and the person is shouting into his radio about, "HEKLP ME SECURITY IS KILLNING MEEEE111111". That is when I confiscate his headset..

I do this as last resort, but only because with the HoS title that people normally think "well it's the Hos, I don't think he's actually killing him" (unless i'm mindslaved in which I will most definitely be strangling them when I get back... slowly), but I can imagine an average security guard getting swamped by greyshirts. The best thing to do in this case is get the AI on your side. Ask the AI "am I killing him?" in which case the AI will state: "It appears that Pubbie McShithead is lying" in which case, as coolguye said, throws away trust the crew had in them.

Dauntasa Wrote:Stuff
While some of your observations are true in some parts, brigging can definitely help for most things.
Think about jail as less about jail but more like a mother grounding his son/daughter then frowning at them constantly through a window.
This is how I go about punishment

If someone is being a little angry and stabby, I throw em in the brig to cool down, 1 minute.
If that person decided to do a little run around security
(that doesn't happen any more because I ALWAYS fill an extinguisher full of water and leave it at the brig), I increase his brig time about a minute for wasting my time, so 2 minutes.

If that little someone is back in jail and I increased the time accordingly and then starts saying "fuck you security, I'm breaking out of jail and theres nothing you can do about it" and starts smacking at the window with his shoes, I flashbang him (he can't run away/disarm that), then take away everything from him, because he's removed his privilege to be clothed. I place his stuff at the exit of the chute for him to retrieve afterwards near the end of his time.

If that certain person decides to be a headcase for security and/or the crew this is when you NEED to get creative with your punishments. Brigging is a slap on the wrist. Permabrigging is special case, i.e: Terribad security officers, rule breakers/creeps, metagamers, temporary respite for traitors while you plan for something to do.
I'll throw a few examples:
♦Someone was being super shit, so I cuffed him, stunned him, built tables around him, then got botany to grow tomatoes to fuck at him for being such a insufferable asshole (he spaced two guys for no reason). Oh and I placed a bible under him just incase he felt like he wanted the easy way out.
♦A wizard was doing pretty damn good at killing the crew, so when I caught him, I made him mortal then forcefed him alcohol until he had an addiction. He survived till the end, but in ways he wished he hadn't.
♦Built a changling zoo reinforced with crystal glass and a table to pass over dead bodies for the crew to clap and point at as he sucked the corpses/human monkeys dry
♦10 minutes in, dumbshit engineers released the sing and I caught a traitor. We met half-way that if I release him now, that if he doesn't kill anybody and I take his pda, that I would complete his objective (kill monkeys) for him. I stuffed all the monkeys into trash, and I had the detective to keep an eye on him, I turned the crusher on when the shuttle arrived, crushing all dem chimps as he kept his side of the bargain.
♦Used an unlocked PDA to mindslave a vampire to fight crime. Best security officer I ever had.

Messages In This Thread