Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good Sec Thread(tm)
Morphing_Dwarf Wrote:Not enough to make them drunk for the rest of the round, by enough to make em pass out a few times.
These two things are one and the same. If you are passing out drunk you are going to be that way for most of the rest of the round unless someone gets you some antihol.

But, you mentioned you were not sec, so it's significantly less bad. You can't go around picking fights with people and not expect to get your shit ruined every now and again. Security should never do this because they have better options, though. Even if an Assistant with sunglasses is being a total assclown, get Beepsky angry at him and then use your PDA to summon him. After Beepsky catches sight of your assclown he'll have way bigger problems than acting like a douche.

That said, if I caught you doing it as sec I'd probably arrest you and let you cool off for 1 minute.

V12US Wrote:The problem with playing security is that you either end up a butt monkey for the crew to abuse, or you end up as 'bad security' because you adopt a zero tolerance operating procedure.
Did you read the thread at all? That's precisely what we're discussing and precisely why I was looking for input on changing the wiki. It is completely possible to be both forceful and polite. I can't speak for everyone, but I, for one, have had great success at Sec since I started using the new procedure. I don't lose control of suspects, I don't get attacked by the crew for my sins, and a number of suspects have even just chilled out and submitted to procedure instead of trying to fight me every step of the way. They know they are getting a fair procedure and I'm reasonably quick at getting it done.

Messages In This Thread