Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Idea
NotReallyJeff Wrote:This blood should slowly regenerate, up to the original 200 units, so if somebody takes your blood, you can still get it back.
Eating food, certain reagents, and perhaps health should influence how fast blood regenerates.

NotReallyJeff Wrote:Every person should be changed to a special "beaker" of size 400 or so. A fully healthy person would have this container filled with 200 units of blood. The other 200 or so units would be for other chemicals.
Removing all 200 units of someone's blood and replacing it would be pretty tedious. Even if you had one of those reagent injecting artifacts (handheld or otherwise), or the reverse with a built in beaker, it would still involve a lot of clicking.

NotReallyJeff Wrote:It would also mean the victim would need a blood transfusion (or wait a long time) before they were able to be healed.
Which brings us to blood transfusions, would it be feasible to do a transfusion directly between two spacemen side-by-side in chairs or beds, foregoing the blood bag entirely.

A blood or IV bag would have two configurations, fluid flowing in or fluid flowing out, either through gravity or a pump. Placing it in the belt or pocket slots would make sense, as well as attaching it to a chair or bed.

Lavastage Wrote:So basically I can drain someone almost completely of blood
Having no blood fits relatively nicely with shock cured by saline-glucose. I guess that would rack up O2, maybe brute, and perhaps brain damage?

NotReallyJeff Wrote:The biggest thing I would suggest is to tie the maximum health one could have to the amount of blood in the system. In the suggesting above, the simplest thing would be your maximum health is the blood in you divided by 2. This should probably be capped at 100, but it might be funny for people to steal blood from others to give themselves more health.
Tying chemistry to health would probably make for some weird bugs, toss in an injector belt and you're all set. I do like the idea of buying and selling blood on the black market. I wonder how much DOC would pay for changeling blood?

Messages In This Thread