Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drsingh - LLJK #2 - 4/14
Bit of background:
Was playing spacemans earlier today and was talking with some people. One of them (uses random names and dunno their key) misgendered me on accident, so I corrected him on that. So, they decided to continue calling me "he" even after I explained that, as a transwoman, that shit isn't cool with me. I had also called them out for using "cunt" earlier, so I'm thinking that's why. Anyways, I adminhelp about it, end up getting into a bit of an argument with SAOrangeSoda and GorillaMyDreams, I was getting pretty angry and was in the wrong so I got slapped with an hourban to cool off. This report isn't about either of them, just including that so I'm not leaving stuff out. After the hourban expires, I play another round, and then start another. I spawn as a geneticist, and apparently the other geneticist is the same dude from earlier and continues to misgender me. So, I fire off an adminhelp explaining the situation
Quote:HELP: You: hey, there was this dude from a couple rounds back who continued to refer to me as a dude even after i told him i was a transwoman and he's still doing it (alexander bratton)
No response and he continues to do it, so I send another (maybe bad to do?)
Quote:HELP: You: alexander bratton keeps referring to me as a dude after i explained to him i'm a transwoman, and he's hella obviously doing it on purpose
and for the crime of wanting someone to stop their anti-trans* bigotry, I get gibbed and then an admin PM:
Quote:Admin PM from-drsingh: there, now you'll have no future problems w/ being referred to
I take issue with this because somebody harassing me across 2 rounds and specifically using my gender identity as a target lead to me getting gibbed because I complained about it. That seems like bigotry to me, and I don't think getting gibbed for complaining about bigotry is very fair. I have no idea if action was taken against the dude intentionally misgendering me.

Messages In This Thread