Mylie's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Tyra Alvarado, Valiant Blackguard, FARTO, many many others
BYOND username: MylieDaniels
Discord username (if you are on our discord): MylieDaniels
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Mostly 3 and 4, sometimes 1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 

REASON FOR APPLICATION:
I really enjoy this game and the community here. Teaching newbees and anyone else who needs help has been the best part of it to me, and while I am able to answer questions and tutor in most channels and mediums without mentor status, I would like it to be able to answer mhelps. Mentors have always been very helpful to me in this community (usually in the ss13-questions channel rather than mhelps, though), and I want to carry on that torch!

SECURITY:
I used to play a lot of security officer, but nowadays I enjoy security assistant and detective much more- I like doing forensics and office busywork more than arrests. I have taught quite a few people how to do forensics, security protocols, how to use the tools at hand, and et cetera. I play Detective as Naveen Daemon and Faith Doe, and Security Assistant as Valiant Blackguard.

COMMAND:
The only (non-HoS) command role I don't regularly play is Head of Personnel, and I'll admit it, I just find it boring. Regardless, I am able to teach the functions of the banking system, the ID computer, markdown formatting. Every other role I play fairly regularly, but will cover in the sections below except Captain - I play Captain as Tyra Alvarado, and can comfortably teach handling the duties of a captain (which in my eyes, includes managing the law rack, knowing when and if to help security, making decisions when conflict arises, and partially stepping in for absent roles).

RESEARCH:
I started the game as a research main, and haven't lost interest since. I love and have gone heavily in depth on chemistry, adventures and telescience, artifacts, gas/toxins research, and love to teach all the prior subjects. I play Research Director as Valerie Blackguard, Research Assistant as FARTO, and Test Subject as Shrimp Adepas. I know the rules about secret content related to research (both for azones and chemicals), and hope that I've never spoiled anything for someone unless they blatantly asked "show me the exact methods or ingredients to do this". Instead, I've really tried to focus on teaching the principles and hints behind things.

ENGINEERING:

Engineering is my second favorite place to work in the game! I know how to operate every engine type, how to deconstruct, replicate, repair, and decorate pretty much anything stationside or outside it, and love when I can teach people these things because I think that getting to shape the world of the game is really satisfying. Strictly speaking, I can do the whole "ridiculous quantities of power" stuff, but prefer to mess with different ways of getting things done or mechanics instead of enhancing the engine all round... unless it's nuclear. God I love nuclear engines. I also know the whole shebang of mining and cargo, stuff from requisitions to safe nanite mining - I play (Chief) Engineer as FARTO and Tyra, Miner as Tyra, and Quartermaster as Valiant.

MEDICAL:
Medicine is the first thing I usually teach newbees after a bit of inventory management. I know the medical procedures, medicines, and enjoy teaching surgery most of all. If I'm feeling lazy and want a chill round, I'll join as a medical cyborg and mend people all day. Genetics is probably my weakest area, though I still have a good understanding of it - just not much playtime.
I play Medical Director and Roboticist as Elizabeth Foster, as well as Medical Doctor, Roboticist, and Geneticist as Genevieve Tekne.

CIVILIAN:
I love to cook the most ridiculous "foods" I can make (and make actually nice looking spreads), splice the stupidest plants I can, and serve cocktails that bubble and glow but are still safe to drink. Janitor is a job I don't play much on RP, but on classic I really enjoy it. I teach botany pretty commonly, probably more than any other job. I think the civilian department is probably my most played department after maybe research.
I play chef as Valiant, bartender as Faith, botanist and rancher as Vivante Corpse, and janitor as Valid Kill over on Goon1.

ON THE SIDE OF EVIL:
I have played more than my fair share of antag rounds (a combination of luck and setting every antag to on, I think), and I'm confident I can quickly advise confused antags on how to use their gear or abilities if they mhelp for assistance.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 
I have been banned for a week twice before for getting salty. It's been a while, and I would like to think I've grown a lot since then and have definitely gotten better at not being a sore loser.

Messages In This Thread
Mylie's Mentor Application - by Mylie - 03-22-2024, 04:40 PM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by Solenoid - 03-22-2024, 06:45 PM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by Azurnite - 03-23-2024, 10:55 AM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by RubberRats - 03-23-2024, 12:25 PM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by 444explorer - 03-23-2024, 03:49 PM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by GuiHppn - 03-25-2024, 02:28 PM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by TDHooligan - 03-27-2024, 10:23 AM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by 444explorer - 03-28-2024, 10:45 AM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by Shiiba - 03-29-2024, 11:18 AM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by PHLiao - 04-01-2024, 02:15 PM
RE: Mylie's Mentor Application - by Fuppy - 04-02-2024, 01:42 AM