Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emagged shuttles and RP
While I ostensibly intend this as a discussion thread, I'll come right out swinging with my own opinion on the matter. I think that you shouldn't be able to emag the shuttle console on the RP servers.

For one, the shuttle is often where either you get cooldown end-of-round RP where people tend to close off their gimmicks, smoke one if the shift was pretty rough, and Security has time to give themselves a round of pats on the back for a job well done if they managed to deal with all the antags. Or on the flipside, the site of a desparate last stand if a shambler makes themselves known, or a traitor who's been grandstanding all round gets to gloat and/or fight off the last dregs of whoever made it out. One guy choosing to emag the shuttle robs everyone of that.

Second point is that antags cannot roll the 'hijack the escape shuttle by escaping alone' objective on RP, so there's no greentext incentive to do it, and even then I'd be happier if they went on a rip-roaring rampage. In fact most antags (arcfiends, vamps, and lings most notably, but also traitors sometimes) DO get the 'escape alive' objective.

Third, and again this is an opinion, it just... generally doesn't feel good OOC to have the shuttle take off early, especially since it so often seems to be almost totally unescalated. It'd be one thing if someone made their intentions known from the start, with the quantity of people that removing the nigh-on only method of escape/victory that emagging the shuttle affects I'd expect corresponding amounts of escalation, but from the few times I've seen it that just... doesn't tend to happen.

An honourable mention goes to losing your spacebux purchase if you don't escape, and earning less too. Some people just don't care about spacebux though or have enough that it doesn't matter to them, hence why this is just an honourable mention rather than an actual point in my argument.

Most people I've talked to don't like shuttle emags for one reason or another but if you DO think that they're fine, please do chime in here. I'd love to hear your responses!

Messages In This Thread
Emagged shuttles and RP - by Error2147483647 - 03-07-2024, 09:41 PM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by Silent Majority - 03-07-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by GuiHppn - 03-07-2024, 10:24 PM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by Lord_earthfire - 03-07-2024, 11:36 PM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by Dhaidburt - 03-08-2024, 12:27 AM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by Kotlol - 03-08-2024, 03:23 AM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by Lord_earthfire - 03-08-2024, 06:34 AM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by Error2147483647 - 03-08-2024, 09:37 AM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by colossusqw - 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by JOELED - 03-08-2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Emagged shuttles and RP - by GuiHppn - 03-08-2024, 09:55 AM