Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app
Usual character name: Arcas Lake-Younger (and AI/cyborgs BL NK and ARCADIAN)
BYOND username: Jonaleia
Discord username: junori
Recommended by: no one in particular
Goon servers you play: 3, sometimes 1

Reason for application + game experience: My main reason for applying, while a bit not-mentorship-related, is I would like to help out with events and planning and whatnot. Perhaps my reasoning could be a bit misguided, and I do like helping people but its not my main reason for applying for mentor. You can help people without being a mentor. I do it every day, really, so the reason I want to apply I feel has to be something different. And I am very interested in event planning, management, etcetera. I would like to help out in that regard in any way I can as well. I would also like to help with making Goonstation more accessible, as someone with sound sensitivities and some visual sensitivities I would like to learn and contribute and use this information to help with event making and planning. 

As for experience, I have ~2600 hours on this station and am capable of doing every job at the minimum. My main experience comes in the form of silicon and medical, though I know plenty about engineering as well. I was a medical director main, as well as an AI/cyborg main for a long time.

For medical, as previously stated, I was an MDir main for a lot of time. I also mained robotics, and still come back to it, as well as being a certified genefiend. I know the most about medical over any other department hands down.

I moved onto engineering, then being a CE main as well. I know how to start every engine, am capable of teaching (which I have to several players), and can run them at pretty high efficiency. Mechanics is difficult for me to wrap my head around, and I understand the basics of packets in which I could likely relay such information to others. 

Research, I understand chemistry and can work the new system well enough to teach another if need be. I haven't played much research recently or been given the chance to, however. Telescience, I can explain how to work the computer, although secret content (while I do know) I cannot help with for obvious reasons. Toxins, I have basic knowledge of, and artifact science is what I most excel in. 

Civilian departments, I was a janitor main for a fair bit of time. Also a ranching main, I achieved every chicken besides golden chickens (because the process is tedious...) and I know how botany and splicing works, as well as some knowledge into genomes and more tedious splices. Bartending and chef, while mostly being "wiki" jobs, are also something I know pretty well. Mostly because they *are* "wiki" jobs.

I was a secmain, and at one time considered applying for HoS, but I am more of a casual security player as I've realised. Security, I feel, is something that's better taught by other officers and HoSii (in game), and not necessarily a mentor. I can help with the mechanical side of things, but a lot of security is "feeling" out the round to get a better judge of how to play through it, which just takes time and experience to get the sense for.

I've mained every command role for at least a week and have tried to mentor and teach those under me.

I have played every RP antag at least once, and have also spectated and played a fair few classic antags. I know the basics of all of them, and have extensive experience with changeling, vampire, traitor, spief, arcfiend, salvager, and gangs.

I prefer teaching in game (which is why I rarely, if ever, use the questions channel on discord, though I do plan on changing that) and take a hands-on approach to things while guiding other players. Recently, I have been playing mostly staff assistant to relax, which hasn't provided many opportunities to teach others. I understand if you haven't seen me mentor in game recently, and if I have the motivation to, I will try to find time to do roles where I can take others under my wing, so to speak. But for now you will have to take my word that I have taught many players about different things. Mainly engineering and medical related, though.

I admit, I have shown to have a bit of a temper in the past, but I've been trying to improve and I feel as though I have. I have been trying to redirect any negative feelings into ahelps with constructive information. This does not mean I am perfect, but I am trying. I gladly will point out my own shortcomings and what I am doing to try to improve them. Please, if you have a problem with me, do let me know and I will try to improve myself. I appreciate any criticism, and I will not be offended by any negative opinions or posts of me. I truly want to hear what you all think.

Previous bans: None on Goonstation*. I have received my fair share of warnings, though I like to think I've grown past those phases. *I was banned from Beestation for "ban evasion," which I have never played on the server previous to that event and have no intentions of appealing for as I simply do not care.

Messages In This Thread
Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by junori - 02-24-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by avanth - 02-25-2024, 06:24 AM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by 444explorer - 02-25-2024, 10:46 AM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by junori - 02-25-2024, 10:54 AM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by Buttnut - 02-26-2024, 09:34 PM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by NiceDrive - 02-29-2024, 08:14 PM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by Azurnite - 03-03-2024, 12:31 PM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by Tyrant - 03-04-2024, 08:03 AM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by Wrench-1 - 03-08-2024, 06:02 AM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by Love - 03-10-2024, 03:49 AM
RE: Jonaleia/Arcas mentor app - by TDHooligan - 03-27-2024, 10:24 AM