Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally
Here's a new revision of my huge dumb map proposal sketch.

[Image: RdB3h.png]

HUGE 100% VIEW: 4MB WARNING
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89619796/cogma ... embled.png

Delivery functions, assuming AMDLs are at the junctions and everything works
http://i.imgur.com/v9lTE.jpg

Specific new ideas for this sketch vs. last version:
  • Furnace engine, described in one of my earlier suggestion threads.
  • Hollow infrastructure core with a whole bunch of open-vacuum catwalks and crates flying around at high speed
  • Combine Automated Mass Driver Loaders + blast doors to make a controllable, multi-path delivery system. AMDLs can shove items in a cardinal direction. If the stuff on the belt can't move that direction, it'll keep going straight instead. If my idea works as I expect it should, that big chunk in the middle of the station would let you fire crates from QM into the hub and direct them to the west, north, or east wings of the station. Engine waste can be fired from the south and take a direct route through to Disposals. Once in Disposals, materials on the belt can either be directly returned to QM, crushed and returned as scrap to QM (maybe to be sold / recycled?), of crushed and fired into deep space.
  • Replace the old disposals crusher with a much more fun trash compactor. WHAM! Meatcube! Scrap cubes!
  • Imagine directing the route so a screaming compacted meatcube-person comes slamming into the shipping and receiving dock at QM. Fun for everyone!
  • Lock the clown in a crate and keep them going on a permanent loop through the driver network!
  • If the Arrivals/EVA corridor gets bombed, crewmembers will have to use the airless catwalks and/or the mass driver relay to get between the northern and southern wings.
  • Access docks at north, west, and south to accept little random-event shuttles, chinese food deliveries, escape pods full of bees, etc.

Messages In This Thread