Sally MacCaa's HoS application
Usual character name: Sally MacCaa
BYOND username: Avanth
Discord username (if you are on our discord): avanth2
Recommended by (if applicable): EtherealSalt
Goon servers you play: Goon 3.

Reason for application:

Simply, most rounds feel like they become more enjoyable when there's a head of security present on the team. They not only help with communication within the team, but  with keeping the team properly delegated as well. Organization can be, and is, a huge help a lot of the time. I would absolutely love to be that person. The person to help keep things not just organized and sane, but to help keep communication flowing. Plus, I enjoy taking charge and leading when the needed arises. Something I already do from time to time, when people seem to need direction and there has been nobody in a role that can provide it.

Security Experience:

I originally started playing space station 13 back in late 2021, however I don't really consider myself actually having started the game until around July 2022. I started off as well.. anything but security and slowly worked myself into it over time. At first I would rarely take a detective shift here and there on my original character (Whicc Thiggleton XXII), to see if I even enjoyed being part of security. Something I wasn't actually sure of for quite some time. At least not until Sally MacCaa came into existence, who quite rapidly ended up not only becoming my security based character, but the character I enjoyed playing the most. These days the vast majority of the rounds I end up participating in, I find myself in security. Most often as an officer, and less so as a detective any more.

Admittedly, I didn't quite have the normal learning experience when it came to the role. I didn't go through the standard introduction to the department. No, being guided through the various bits of it all, such as secmate. Instead I more or less picked a chunk of it up on my own. Not ideal, as I feel like newer members being guided is a great thing! (Though, in this case it's my own fault! I was a little more timid early on, and didn't quite reach out as much as I should have.) I did however have a slew of officers that I tended to stick myself to when it came to various cases early on to learn from, as they seemed quite knowledgeable. Notably, David Doe and David Davies, but they are certainly not the only two! Since then I feel like I've done nothing but grow and learn. Yeah, I'll fully admit that I certainly made a mistake here and there, but honestly those mistakes have given me something that I can learn from. Something to improve myself with.

When it comes to handling antagonists my views for doing so have changed substantially over the entirety of the time I've been in security. Originally I was someone a little more trigger happy. Someone with a slight itch to bring a bit of a crimer in. These days though? These days I often prefer to let them off with a bit of a warning at first, though that tends to be heavily dependent on if their gimmick happens to put any of the crew in actual danger or not. Often I feel like they should be given a chance to actually try to play out their gimmick further, and that far too often an antagonist will be cuffed, dragged into interrogation, and interrogated for something entirely harmless to the crew.

At times I can be found manning the front desk as well inside of security, and not just constantly out on patrol. To me, this gives others a place they know they can find a member of security that they can get into contact with. Someone they can come to with questions, information, or requests. Someone who can contact the rest of the team easily if the need arises for it.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other security players?
  • Communicate! Seriously. It's helps not only yourself, but the rest of the team when it comes to staying informed about not just new cases that might pop up, but on-going ones! This applies to both new members of the team, and old ones as well! A lack of communication can put people in danger, and can even stress others out if they are trying to get an understanding of what's currently on-going.
  • Relax. There's no reason to be constantly wound up, or uptight! Everyone is here to have an enjoyable time. If a round proves to be stressful, it also doesn't hurt to take a break on the next one! Give yourself a bit of time to relax, or mellow out. I do this myself! Instead of potentially going straight into another round stressed, or exhausted I'll step into observer and relax, or less often place myself into a role that is something a great deal less exhausting.

Describe any differences in your play-style when part of a full security team and when being the only officer.
As part of a team I tend to delegate more responsibilities to others on a team. This is so not only does everyone get an opportunity to take part, but so that nothing tends to be getting hogged. As for a solo security officer though? I tend to be more alert then normal, as I need to be responding to any and all potential threats. Depending on how hectic, crazy, and chaotic the round might get, that may end up with shorter interrogation sessions so that I can respond to the next threat and so on. Which can be a shame at times, as interrogation gives you more of an opportunity to interact with people!

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Draw a picture!
Sure thing! Lets show off some non-existent art skills!
[Image: och-nae.png]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None that I can recall! I've been warned a few times, of which I've tried to take to heart and improve from, but I can't recall any bans.

Messages In This Thread
Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by avanth - 11-25-2023, 10:44 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Zhail - 11-26-2023, 12:32 AM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Kirdy - 11-26-2023, 02:31 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Kregle - 12-07-2023, 10:29 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by avanth - 12-16-2023, 04:49 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Kregle - 12-17-2023, 11:24 AM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Arahimine - 12-29-2023, 11:04 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Cal - 01-04-2024, 01:44 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by Sockssq - 01-05-2024, 12:42 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by GuiHppn - 01-05-2024, 11:09 PM
RE: Sally MacCaa's HoS application - by junori - 01-09-2024, 08:16 PM