Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Dsypraxia needs changes, negative stereotypes
I just want to say that things can be made less offensive or problematic on the basis of that alone; we don't need to wait for anyone to complain about them before we address them. Often, people may not feel comfortable complaining about things that bother them, and for most things, simply drawing attention to them is enough to determine whether or not it's harmful. It can be good to receive testimony that something is harmful where and when it's not clear, but in this case, we really don't need to reference any real life disorder with regard to this trait at all.

It can just as easily be relabeled "clumsy" or something like that.
In fact:

It appears to have already been named clumsy at some point in its past.

I think that, at one point, there was a push to un-sillify all the silly names for things we had, but at the same time we brought reality into some very unrealistic scenarios that were always meant to be silly.

Ultimately, I don't really want to open the doors for removing all reality from everything, since reality is something that we can and should make fun of, but in cases where we do make jokes about reality, we shouldn't be punching down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dsypraxia needs changes, negative stereotypes - by UrsulaMejor - 10-31-2023, 02:12 PM