Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
On the subject of RP Security Officer access
At first I was rather opposed to this as stated in my previous post, however I really liked Zamujasa's post about potential solutions:

Departmental sec:
I actually think this would facilitate RP. The officer can still go an patrol, however they would be talking/interacting with one department for an extended time. If an antag is in said department, this gives them time to either trick the officer (dialogue wise as to what they're up to) or at the very least they have one officer to contend with instead of the entire sec department beating down the door immediately if something happens.

Alert system:
I really like this one. You could have it like the emergency button in the bridge. Green is safe and regular access levels, Blue is elevated, so this would give some additional access, and of course red is when things are hitting the fan. This way, even if there is one command member on lower pop shifts, one of them could potentially hit it. You could also have the button in the HoS's office. The only problem I could see here is if command members start disagreeing on threat levels, and it would probably be best if a HoS was on station, leave it up to them for guidance.

Lowpop threshold:
This is a good idea even for non-sec matters. This would allow for the crew to get something if in trouble (example, they need medical treatment but there is no staff to let them in and treat them) and this would allow officers to go more places. The antag would already have an advantage since they have many places to go and less people to track them down. This might even it out a bit on lower pop shifts.

I am by no means an experienced coder, let alone familiar with Goon code, so I don't know how hard these would be to implement. I do believe these are worth considering if they could be implemented code wise. Especially the first one. I've seen a good many posts that sec is considered by many to be isolated from the crew, and this first one would have officers interacting with the various departments.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the subject of RP Security Officer access - by KingMorshu - 10-19-2023, 04:35 AM