Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kudzumen Rework / Plant-based Antag
(09-16-2023, 07:24 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: apologies for the most pedantic feedback ever but you're gonna want a species of plant that can actually grow trees for this, kudzu is a dedicated vine

You'll find this surprising, but Kudzu also actually does NOT turn people into plant monsters. I'm sure we'll find some healthy middleground.  Sleeping bee

(09-16-2023, 09:50 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 07:24 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: apologies for the most pedantic feedback ever but you're gonna want a species of plant that can actually grow trees for this, kudzu is a dedicated vine

I mean, you could have a vine-like tree. Just like you can have flesh trees, you don't need wood for fantasy trees.

I really like the inclusion of light adding power to them, since it makes sense for plants, it encourages stealing unused items like floodlights, and could actually weaponize Photophosphide against them very effectively. You could also fight back by turning off lights! It also means you DON'T want power cut off, which is a plus for any antag. 

After reading things over, I'm not actually sure if the dryad is more vampire who places down a seed or something like flock or blob where you ghost in and place down your seedling? Cause honestly I kinda like the idea of being a crewmate who wants to create a space grove and can plan for it during the round before settling down to start the grove (though that may be a bit too much)

Side note, for absorbing chemicals does it need to be 100% water or compost? Or if some other chemical, say iodine, comes into play in small amounts (such as from water bottles) would you be unable to benefit or would you only drain the water and leave a puddle of iodine on the ground?

The idea was definitely more of a mix of both. When I started thinking about the design, there's a few things that stood out to me as problematic; First and foremost, defensive playstyles are very difficult in Spessgame, agility is powerful, meaning there's a very thin line between making something defensive enough for people to respect its defenses, but also not SO defensive that the mere idea of breaking in or bothering too is so annoying that you're better off just ignoring it.

The reason I came up with "plant seeds and travel between trees" is because it seems to me that in all likelihood, once a grove has been located, people will generally be able to make quick work of it. So your best bet is to spread out your groves over the map to make them more difficult to hunt down and destroy. The idea of having one big grove is really cool and appealing, but I'm almost thinking that this might go into the territory of Flockdrones and Blob more, and those two combat the issues by one having a massive amount of drones, and the other being really, really robust.

I don't think anything ever needs to be 100%, if anything I'd say that experimenting with optimal chem formulas could be really interesting and would give rise to its own form of nutrient gathering.

Messages In This Thread
Kudzumen Rework / Plant-based Antag - by Glamurio - 09-16-2023, 06:21 PM
RE: Kudzumen Rework / Plant-based Antag - by Glamurio - 09-17-2023, 04:58 AM
RE: Kudzumen Rework / Plant-based Antag - by Cal - 09-17-2023, 08:12 AM
RE: Kudzumen Rework / Plant-based Antag - by Ikea - 09-17-2023, 03:38 PM