Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggested additions to diversify chaplain roleplay.
I'd be down for a new bible, as the current one has a very flagrant golden cross on it, and it does feel a bit strange for a priest of Mechanicus, or a rabbi, or a buddhist, to hit you with a bible. The one concern i have with the possibility of respriting a bible is that it might end up making it more difficult to spot.

Keep in mind that a bible is an item with the potential for very high amounts of destruction. Wielded by a chaplain it can cause brain damage leading up to a relatively quick kill on someone, or be used to biblefart. It also serves as a hidden storage with some unique properties, and contains the chaplain's gun. A bible needs to have a sprite that is immediatly recognizable at first glance so you instantly know to keep your finger off the "F" key as you risk immediatly getting gibbed otherwise. If you add a bunch of different bible sprites then they also need to be immediatly recognizable, and the more sprites you add the harder this task becomes.

It's not impossible, but it would likely need to keep at least some semblance of shape between the different flavors of space religion, and it'd need to stand out from other regular books.

More chaplain clothes though i'd like, yeah.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggested additions to diversify chaplain roleplay. - by Bartimeus - 07-11-2023, 11:26 AM