Elias Martin's Head of Security Application
Usual character name: Elias Martin bee
BYOND username: EtherealSalt
Discord username (if you are on our discord): EtherealSalt #6422
Recommended by (if applicable): Charles Fallare ( OOC: Piesuu ); Alex Wilo ( OOC: Chatauscours )
Goon servers you play: 3 & 4

[b]Reason for application: [/b]During my rounds as a Security Officer, I've noticed how the presence of a HoS can be essential for the proper functioning of the Security Department, allowing for a more enjoyable shift for everyone involved, including the Antags, especially when the rest of Security is being a bit too harsh on them. After being reccomended this role multiple times, I now believe I have the experience to try and take up the title of HoS, doing my best ensure that everyone is having fun, while coordinating the Security Department to guarantee the safety of the Station and its crew.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I started playing Space Station 13 about a year ago, and Security quickly became my favourite job. I've spent quite a lot of time playing as a member of Security, learning everything I could from the senior officers I worked with, and I would be sure to learn the rest through field experience.

One of the first things that is and should be taught to every new Security Officer and Assistant is to always communicate with the rest of the team, as it's a good way to keep track of everything that happends during the shift, and it's also a nice way to familiarize oneself with the Department and our Duty to keep the Station safe. I've always enjoyed making use of the radio to chat with the rest of Security, making sure that everyone is safe and having fun, and coordinating our efforts to complete a common objective.

I've also learned to make use of the time I have in a productive way, as I like working on the department's equipment, such as tinkering with the Security Pods and improving them however I can or preparing the Interrogation room, making sure that we're always ready to face the next case the best shape possible.

When it comes to dealing with Criminals or Antags, I've learnt how to remain calm during stressful events, and I like to approach the problems we might encounter with a positive attitude; when it comes to confronting a perp, I'll always make sure calmly approach them, using the whistle to grab their attention if necessary, and warn them of their actions, ticketing them or peacefully bringing them in without cuffs, if those aren't necessary; if they keep running, I'll make use of the whistle for a few more seconds, after which I'll attempt to subdue them, and swiftly bring them in the Security department to confront them about their actions.

As a last note, I always do my best to help everyone who's in need, and I never once lost my temper in OOC chat, as I like treat everyone with respect, and if I do something that might have hurt someone, I'll personally apologize for it.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    It's always good to remember that communication is the key to achieving success. Keeping in touch with the rest of Security is essential to having a well coordinated team, which allows us to be more efficient on the line of duty; Something that's also good to keep in mind is that Antags are not our enemy, and killing them on the spot will most likely result a dull experience with little fun to be had for both parties; talking with them and giving them a second chance should not only prove a more enjoyable experience, but it will also keep the flow of the round moving for everyone else as well. One last piece of advice that I would like to mention is to always remember to make use of tickets and fines when necessary, as not only it is a good way to deal with minor crimes without having to brig the perp, but it's also a good way to record and keep track of the crimes commited by them.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    During one of my first rounds as a thief, I was arrested by a NTSC after having killed a Janitor with Fibre Wire. During the interrogation, the NTSC released me from the Port-a-brig and, after being searched for Contraband, we started talking. In the middle of a discussion involving my motivations, the Consultant asked me to stop for a few seconds, and proceeded to clean both their and my shoes using the NT Handkerchief, and started a monologue during which they explained that half of the job of a Security Officer is to keep their gear and themselves clean, as to let everyone know that they had everything under control, and that they could cleanly and swiftly deal with any and all Security threats on board of the Station, after which the asked me if I was one such threat. I immediately confessed every crime I had commited during the shift, and I've since then said that Elias' favourite Security Item is the NT Handkerchief.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun)
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I was once part of a full Security team where everyone was dressed as a Clown, and we would go around the station making use of some of the Clown's gear instead of our own; for example, we would make use of the Clown Horn instead of our whistles, which led to some hilarious RP moments, with half of the station going mad because they would hear the honking of our horns even when there was none.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): [b]EtherealSalt banned by leeanei[/b]
I was banned for messing with the AI Laws as a Captain, causing a Cyborg to become rogue due to a series of events that were ultimately my fault. I've since then grown from this experience, using the wiki to inform myself of what's tolerated and what's not. I'll do my best to ensure that this never happends again.

Messages In This Thread
Elias Martin's Head of Security Application - by EtherealSalt - 06-14-2023, 01:22 PM