Feedback open letter Pt.2
Here's the new thread for any admins that wanted to comment publicly on the previous post but couldn't due to the lock.

this part will be formatted poorly as i am just using the forum textbox for it.

I will use this to respond to some of the comments also. First, I do realise that my post is obviously biased to an extent and that due to my lack of experience coding, playing rp etc that my points were not articulated in the best way. Now to reply to Cal's take on the ban section I had posted, I understand that ban appeals were privated for good reason and I did not contest this what I did say was that ban reasons would be a good thing to show publicly due to the fact that it would push some better documentation for bans. What i mean by this is, I have had a friend, brand new to goonstation, be banned with a simple "we don't want you here" message and this isn't really helpful as, if the person's ban was mistaken for someone else's and they are new then they aren't likely to appeal when faced with such a hostile ban message. Now I do understand that this is unlikely to happen due to the reasons that Cal had stated, people want something to entertain them and there would most likely be similar issues to be had. For the other point of admin feedback being handled internally, I understand that it makes sense to handle it internally, however when given a message like "there's no issue here" or "its been handled" on its own it feels incredibly minimal and leads to speculation that nothing has actually been done due to it being a one off statement given with not even a minor insight onto how the situation was handled from the admin team. Yes i probably did misunderstand the secret submodule as I don't code and a good majority of these points were brought to me by other community members.

And for Sord's reply now.

The first point that you make does make sense that people don't just get banned for talking out, however we don't get to see how many warnings said person has had and we don't know any steps that the admin team have taken to get in contact with them to ask them to cut it out so from our perspective it just seems as though two people that were vocal against the admin team, got banned for speaking out, now I understand the repeated and extreme behaviour that they exhibited and I get why they were banned from the discord for it. But it creates a space where people are afraid to speak out due to it, you might not ban them for it, but they still dont want to speak out for fear of being banned as it happened so recently. One amazing example of this would be this thread, multiple people have helped me work on it, however not one wanted to put their name to it in fear of any repercussions they may recieve. And the rest of the comment would be similar to what i said in the reply to Cal.

If you need any sources for my points mentioned above just say and i will add them to the appendix in the original post.

link for original thread: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=21268

Messages In This Thread
open letter Pt.2 - by jckrfc03 - 05-31-2023, 02:22 AM
RE: open letter Pt.2 - by LeahTheTech - 05-31-2023, 06:31 AM
RE: open letter Pt.2 - by jan.antilles - 06-01-2023, 06:18 AM
RE: open letter Pt.2 - by stuck_in_void_HELP - 06-03-2023, 04:28 PM
RE: open letter Pt.2 - by ZeWaka - 06-04-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: open letter Pt.2 - by Jakson - 06-07-2023, 03:17 PM