Feedback Open letter to the Admin and Dev team
I will respond to the admin token part since the contention seems to be some statements I have made:

I personally do not feel that is a fair characterization to call it an "unspoken rule" for admins to give away discretionary awards on a discretionary basis, when we are open about the fact that these are not a thing you are entitled to by any measure, but a tool admins have access to if they choose to use it.

Tokens were originally coded back when we had a system that would stop you from getting antagonist too soon from a previous time you got antagonist, so when an admin fucked with your antagonist round you genuinely lost the opportunity to get antagonist again naturally, and so the token was a way of giving that back to you.

Now, being a traitor is perfectly random again. Therefore, the original purpose of antag tokens has disappeared, and they're basically just fun little treats for admins to hand out. The impetus for their use and existence is gone, and so there is no longer any standardization for how they are given out. Some admins have given them away as prizes for challenges. Others never give them out, ever. Some admins give them out for when the server crashes. Other admins don't.

Here are the baseline expectations:

If an admin gimmick has totally wrecked your antagonist round to the point that you were unable to act in your capacity as an antagonist (e.g., the admin gave everyone a pet bomb that exploded you and you died instantly), you may ask for one and may get one.

If an admin crashes the server by accident, and you were an antagonist, you may ask for one and will probably get one.

If the server crashes unexpectedly, and you were an antagonist, you may ask for one and will sometimes get one.

These situations, as with all other possible situations, are at the discretion of the admins online at the time. They are not an expectation, nor an entitlement.

For further reference, see:
https://wiki.ss13.co/Antagonist#Antag_Tokens

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter to the Admin and Dev team - by UrsulaMejor - 05-27-2023, 02:05 PM