Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
(05-25-2023, 09:37 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 09:24 AM)According_tome Wrote: Well when you put effort into making stuff you want them to work. If they dont then why bother if it can be handled in medbay with bunch of burn meds. Immature death is part of the game. Most players find engine tedious and not satisfying they just pick the role of engineer to not to do engine or mechcomp mind you, just to do other stuff which is mostly the case nowadays. If players dont find stuff satisfying they just stop doing it. And this happens alot when we talk about engineering. Also kotol if players communicate well enough they dont require any sort of indicator

This is... the... worst... defense... for this what so ever...
But let's totally break this apart on why "communication" is a weak defense on a hotwired door death. And that's just 1 part...

Okay... you are a traitor eningeering hotwiring doors... you know communication is gonna be used to stop mass murdering.
So block the signal... With a signal blocker or two. So communication suddenly means nothing.
Or time it with a solar flare so no one can access general channels.

As rubberats points out. It's not that hard to do a hotwiring... it can take as much as 30 seconds acording to him. I am not a mech comp or engineer main but... he seems to note that hotwiring is pretty powerful.

Next up the WORST part of your reasoning:
"No one will play engineering if they can't hotwire murder players."

....You know why this sounds bad right? You make it sound like everyone who wants to roll engineering wants to murder a lot of people with a cheap and easy tactic.
So... guess what? 90% of the time... engineers can't do this since they AREN'T ANTAGONISTS THAT ROUND.
If hotwire murdering is a "CORE ESSENCE" to play Engineering... I hate to say this but... it means most of the time engineers will end up cryoing or not doing anything else.
It's like chemists only playing chemistry to Saryn bomb the station,insted of doing fun things that benefit the station too?

If hotwiring can't kill players at all or have a visual indicator to show you will die touching this door... is LITTERLY keeping people to playing Engineering... then the whole department is just bad at that point and needs serious reworking.
There is more to antagonist engineering then "HOTWIRE MURDER"
Same as Traitor Scientists having more options then "TTV Bombing"

I have one solution, get insulated gloves my guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by deathrobotpunch - 05-31-2023, 03:16 PM