Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
(05-25-2023, 12:30 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 05:51 AM)RubberRats Wrote: It does not actually take all that much effort to get a lethal amount of power output. Not accounting for gloves, as little as 2.5 MW gives a chance for gibbing, while 10 MW does enough burn to kill outright. Even a basic setup can reach those outputs on most engines.
The other caveat is that you can cant build a death machine in mechcomp in 30 seconds, and that you cant derringer someone from the other side of the station.

To be honest, i think these numbers can be certainly increased. Like 50 MW for guaranteed gibbing with  gibs beginning to have a chance to begin at 25 MW. Still,  numbers of ~7+ MW should put you into deep crit, even if you don't gib.

This would require to have actuall engineers be maintaining the engine and using it to sabotage and would prevent rouge AI's to simply use a simple charburn and close engineers of the engine and still use the hotwire.

Like i said, a hotwire is NOT the difficult part of it. The difficult part is actually electrifying enough doors (which is only possible with some specific ones, mostly maintance doors) with a hotwire to have a sensible impact. And often this is only possible in time with a rouged AI.

Shocked doors from a hotwire won't kill someone on the other side of the station or within 30 seconds without borg/ai/other antag involvement.

I think it should also be mentioned that while hotwires may require rogued AI/borgs to be effective, it often occurs BECAUSE of rogued AI/borgs. In other words, you often don’t have to worry about rogued AI because you ARE the rogued AI.

That being said, I don’t exactly have a problem with how cheap or easy hotwire kills are, but rather with how automated such kills are. You can’t use a stun or TTV without actively doing things near you soon-to-be victims, but you can with a hotwire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by Snowy :D - 05-25-2023, 05:20 PM