Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What if stun durations were reduced ?
(05-21-2023, 09:49 AM)Kotlol Wrote: The duration is needed in case security has to deal with mobs. It's so you don't want to fight security and have to outsmart em.

You don't need 30 second stuns to deal with mobs of people, security gets flashbangs and crowd control grenades for that. and if you get mobbed as security you should be having a hard time.

(05-21-2023, 09:49 AM)Kotlol Wrote: In classic they don't have time for this. Antags spawn fast.. live fast... and security has to go twice as fast.

As a security main and HoS who plays on classic, you seem to have a few misconceptions about security on classic.
Most of the time rounds are pretty slow and there aren't really more antags flowing in than in RP I imagine.

(05-21-2023, 09:49 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Since security with alternatives will make em murder hobo's on classic.

As above, security on classic do not often kill antagonists without good reason.

Security will still be able to handcuff off a reduced stun and even if they did start using lethals on slippery antags, lethals are bad compared to stun and mostly reserved for late into the round or especially strong antagonists such as wizards.

(05-21-2023, 09:49 AM)Kotlol Wrote: So what I 'recommend' is two stun mechanics.
"Soft stun"
"Hard Stun"

This is definitely a good idea for future but for now just capping the stun time will suffice.
Softstun/Hardstun will require significant rework of stuns on goon as a whole and will be a big undertaking.

Personally I think those in soft stun should be able to use items as well perhaps with some limitations (one hand only, slow pickup, accuracy debuff?) until they get hit by another stun weapon to hard stun them.

The stunned and weakened statuses already in the game would work for this Soft/hard stun idea with stunned being hard stun and weakened being soft.
Weakened just forcing you prone.
Stunned acting as it is now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if stun durations were reduced ? - by Cheffie - 05-22-2023, 10:42 AM