Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ideas to improve arcfiend
(05-15-2023, 04:03 PM)Glamurio Wrote: Was originally going to state that I think Arcfiend is fine, it's actually my favorite antag role, precisely because it's so versatile. By far the most fun to be had on RP.

That being said, I absolutely adore the idea of being able to remote control an inactive cyborg. But as an addendum, maybe make them untied to the laws (for obvious reasons). It also allows you to subtly cause chaos and distrust toward the AI / Cyborgs.
As far as progression systems go, I like the idea of breaking APCs. It maintains the idea of not having to kill people to power up, but also gives you a goal to work towards that's disruptive. It also avoids the classic solution of just draining the SMES units instead, but still leaves it as an option.

Heh, I always find breaking APCs with draining was kinda non benefical for Arcfiends cause it:
A: Reveals they are on station
B: Means they left a clue.
C: Means they have 1 less spot to drain energy from.

And most Arcfiends do not drain valuable APCs.

That's why I am adding these ideas. As for the "inactive borg possession". Yea naturally you have no laws, you basicly emagging it with your presence.
It also gives rounds with "inactive borgs" more variaty to do things. Or you know... an arcfiend robotcist all the more reason to make a tanky body to do some dismay.

And with the "end" goal of becoming this energy rampaging being. Means it doesn't have to kill at all to get the job done.
Basicly put...
Destroying APCs is your goal, but the more you destroy, the more security will be on your ass, thus making it harder. But every APCs you destroy builds up to being able to be a true menance to the station as a whole.

Messages In This Thread
Ideas to improve arcfiend - by CalliopeSoups - 05-13-2023, 03:09 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by babayetu83 - 05-13-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by Pokemaster2014 - 05-13-2023, 10:13 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by Lord_earthfire - 05-13-2023, 10:15 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by Lord_earthfire - 05-13-2023, 11:51 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by CalliopeSoups - 05-14-2023, 03:55 AM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by Kotlol - 05-14-2023, 01:23 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by Glamurio - 05-15-2023, 04:03 PM
RE: Ideas to improve arcfiend - by Kotlol - 05-16-2023, 02:40 AM