Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative
This is a really cool map so far! Nice and compact. Some feedback from watching the video:
- The escape floor signage feels out of place on the purple carpet in the civilian area. Maybe a wall sign would be better?
- The diplomat's office should have a wall safe, as should all the personal rooms IMO
- Maybe replace the morgue chute or medicine storage locker in the med checkpoint with a sleeper?
- Maint is wonderfully messy and dingy, and the wrestling ring is a perfect touch, though I can't believe I'm saying this, but there seems to be a bit TOO much dirt in maint
  - I'd personally remove maybe 40% of the dirt, and increase the variation a bit. I think I only saw 2 of the dirt variants but I swear there's at least 1 or 2 more variants you could use IIRC.
  - I'd also add scuff marks here and there for more dinginess. I forget what the decals objs' names/path are, but I recall using them for Cog1's router sorting room.
- The gene booth is very clearly out in the open and easily accessible to passerbys. As a geneticist player, I love you for this.
- Test chamber could do with some blast doors, especially with that window directly into medbay.
- Science maint is beautiful. Excellent execution. Having railings being there making it obnoxious to quickly run through makes it feel more cluttered and not-human-friendly, which is perfect for a space station's back tunnels.
- LOVE the idea of having a docked shuttle being used as an extra room. I'd make the wiring look messier in accordance with the 'temporary' wiring solution that note talks about.
- I'd test to make sure someone sitting in the far corner of the courtroom can hear someone speaking from the HoP's office/vice versa. That's also a LOT of chairs for such a small station, so maybe... I dunno, add a fish tank or table if that's too far to hear? Or lawyers' lockers.
- Interrogation has no intercom. As an AI enjoyer, this upsets me, for I wish to listen into the juicy conversations and occasionally butt in.
- Love the airbridge to the AI Upload. Maybe make it thinner though? You'd also be able to add that missing wall if you did.
- For how dirty the station is, the detective's office has no dirt. Sacrilege.
- The grille-covered wiring connection between the engine and the station is quite neat. I like it!
- I'd give Engineering a front desk of some kind. It's not really necessary at all, but that foyer leading into Engineering is a bit sparse and I think it'd make a great break room/front desk.
- Warehouse is surprisingly clean. I'd personally make it a tad more cluttered and add some bits of random stuff lying around.
- The shower room floor flusher is hilarious. Honestly if you scooched it over to be next to the security checkpoint, you could make it look like a repurposed prison cell, with the flusher still working. Maybe add a bolted door between the checkpoint and shower room and cover it with wooden boards?
- Bridge is also a tad sparse. I'd add some tables along some of the walls/windows, space permitting, with some junk on em, like office supplies and a printer.
- Just saw how LARGE the arcade is. I don't disagree with it being unreasonably big, but you could get away with scooching part of the right wall to the left to give some extra space to the medical booth.
- Maybe add a meteor shield crate to Emergency Storage? No clue if there's any full on crates of that stuff on other maps so idk if there's a precedent for that yet.
- Blast doors for the AI Core Chamber's exterior windows, please.
- Maybe make the escape pod airlocks transparent? Not the blast doors, the airlocks. Could also do with making other airlocks on the station transparent as well.
- Tempted to ask for a nuclear reactor to replace the TEG. Not at all necessary, I just want to play with nuclear reactors more. Maybe do what Cog1 does and have a randomly chosen engine???
- Some wall cabinets here and there would be great.
- TRASH CHUTE NEXT TO ONE OF THE GENE CONSOLES P L E A S E. I personally go through so many injectors and you can't recycle them into the console unlike with activators.

I'd have to rewatch/explore for myself to give more feedback, but this is what I've gotten so far. All in all, amazing map and I'd love to try playing on it sometime!

Messages In This Thread
Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative - by Tyrant - 05-10-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative - by aft2001 - 10-02-2023, 04:32 AM