Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative
Quote:I can't think of a station where matsci isn't public from the top of my head.
Well, it's accessible via maints, which i thought was a fair compromise given its position. It's a bit awkward to get to, yes, but at the same time, it's a fairly low activity area. Donut 2's refinery is similarly hidden away (although it is connected to mining's absurd south primary hallway too so eh).
Quote:3. Escape is visually huge and distracts from the rest of the map. You could cut the left and right arms off and leave the horizontal hallway as the dock for an east or west facing shuttle. Like Donut2.
My main concern with this is if the shuttle goes east, i'd have to redo the solars to be out of the way, and if it went west, it'd cross the mining magnet and that is bad for in world lore reasons, it shouldnt just go through things, and i know donut3's shuttle exists as a counterpoint to that, but like, i like it pointing north. It's got this upward flow which goes nicely with the arrival shuttle too.
Quote:5. Regarding theme: there is the idea that Nanotrasen has invested a lot of money into this station [...]. Now, what are the corners Nanotrasen has cut in order to fund this?
6. Detail work is one of the best parts, now you get to breathe more life and character into the station!
7. [...] Have you considered the unique selling points of this map? [...] What could this map bring?
You're right in that it could do with some more uniqueness... but it's really just a regular space map that's sort of sprung up as this temporary hotel type thing with future expansion in mind, before some lore event happened and funding dried up. Not really much very special about it other than its sub 20 niche and my personal liking for glass floor. And the combined rooms. And the chapel-crematorium-morgue complex. And the maint ring. And the sort of tidy TEG. And my wire art.
Suggestions are welcome.

rotated escape
[Image: 2023.05.26-22.03.11.png]

oops forgot area borders

Messages In This Thread
Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative - by Tyrant - 05-10-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative - by Tyrant - 05-26-2023, 05:37 AM