Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow Ghostdrones to use Pipe Dispensers
The only way I see ghostdrones causing issues with this system is if they deliberately sabotage the existing disposals system (say, morgue chute or mail chute) and have it do something it's not supposed to. This is directly in conflict with their laws, and would have to be dealt with via ahelp. Similarly, ghostdrones can sabotage electrical systems right now, having access to nigh-unlimited wire, wirecutters, and a multitool; they could conceivably hotwire the engine or cut power to a department if they were feeling spiteful. Again, these actions are directly in conflict with their laws, and despite ghostdrones having all the tools they need to do it, I have yet to see electrical sabotage like this happen.

I understand the concern for grief, but I seriously think it's a non-issue in this case. The inability for ghostdrones to activate flusher systems means that it'd be hard to make a "trap" for other players that's entirely custom-built, and any fatalities from sabotaged flushing systems would come from a player decision to use a flusher. If it does become a problem, then we can revoke pipe dispenser access for ghostdrones.

Also, ghostdrones can be killswitched like any other silicon construct, and ghostdrone bans exist for troublemakers. A "rogue ghostdrone" can be snapped out of existence by the crew and prevented from ever returning from the role.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Ghostdrones to use Pipe Dispensers - by RelentlessGarbage - 04-23-2023, 04:33 PM