Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Solaris Station: A solar map concept
Higher engineering population is a good thought. As for the heat shield, it's proposed to be a bi layered shield (with the south facing departments having shielding there too, and the areas attacked by solar radiation are recalculated as the shield is changed (destroyed or constructed) and the shield is buildable.

As for the debris field and mining field, they're canonically really far apart, so the teleportation is implied. I'm not sure what the in game reason is for going from the inner frontier system to the outer frontier system and then back to the station is, but I was just going to use some similar handwaving.

The thrusters are something i considered actually, for adjusting the orbit during the game. My idea was that you could change the orbital height and therefore the solar output, but that was a little too meta. Still plan on orbital adjustment rockets being in place and firing occasionally, because as you say, the solar wind adjusts its trajectory somewhat randomly, so maintaining course is a constant effort.

Messages In This Thread
Solaris Station: A solar map concept - by Tyrant - 04-14-2023, 09:21 PM
RE: Solaris Station: A solar map concept - by Tyrant - 04-16-2023, 04:51 AM