Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes numbers from health scanners on RP
Okay.. so ive had some time to stew on this, and I'm truly trying to appreciate it from the angle of encouraging more rp oriented interactions with medbay, but I feel like I'm more of the opinion that the downsides outweigh the possible upsides. 

As someone who mains medical, I like it a lot for both the flavor aspect of rping with patients, but also for the mechanical aspect of managing my chems well and micromanaging my time, especially when it gets incredibly busy. Knowing how to identify which patients are the highest risk makes medical less stressful and more fun, even if it isn't exactly true to life in respect to how you would approach someone about it. While in concept i think this could be neat, after trying to use it in practice earlier tonight I felt a bit discouraged and a little like I just wouldnt enjoy playing medical as much anymore if this was the permanent change going forwards. I had no idea how to gauge what the severity actually was because of how vague the damage is.. In the end, it might be personal preference, but I just don't think I'm a huge fan of it, you know?? I feel like this is something that's to be addressed with the playerbase and not mechanics. You can still have a scanner with numbers and percentages and also make an attempt towards a more meaningful diagnosis, but that seems like it should be the individual players decision to make - not everyone commits to the same level of rp, thats just kinda how it goes. 

tl;dr i enjoy rp just as much as the next guy, but this feels like an unnecessary mechanical nerf that would change the exact thing i like about playing medical, and could be confusing to pick up for newcomers due to its vagueness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes numbers from health scanners on RP - by sunkiisu - 03-19-2023, 02:34 AM