Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes numbers from health scanners on RP
Not a huge fan of this change myself. I understand the thought that this change will make people roleplay more, but it also creates a lot of problems for doctors to do their jobs.
Quick summary of my thoughts: We don't need to reduce the information doctors on rp get to present that information in an rp-friendly way.

I agree with the sentiment shared by BatElite and rdcb, this feels like a very dramatic solution to a problem that's minor at best. I don't even think it'll encourage people to RP more. Generally, when someone comes into medbay with light wounds, I'm not really looking at the damage numbers. I'm just looking at what kind of damage they have, and treating them as needed. However, the numbers matter when someone comes into medbay and is already unconscious and/or VERY close to dying. I can't really RP with someone who's dying, my attention's more-so on trying to keep them alive.

I don't think this change is going to dramatically change things, but it's almost certainly going to make playing medbay much more annoying, especially when dealing with toxin damage. If I can't see the damage numbers going up and have to wait for them to cross some arbitrary threshold, I'm basically just keeping someone from actually playing the game by holding them in medbay while I wait to make sure they aren't actually dying faster. Sure, I could slap them on a medical table and go from there, but the stations aren't designed with the idea of each patient getting a medical table. There are like, two/three on each map. I can tell you from experience that those will fill up incredibly quickly.

So yeah, not a fan of this change. That being said, I'm not totally against getting rid of the numerical health readout on RP either, but I think whatever replaces it should provide the same information in an RP-friendly way, not punish rp players by giving them much more vague info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes numbers from health scanners on RP - by FishyCrea - 03-19-2023, 02:33 AM