Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Job has the hardest difficulty?
A weird topic to start, but I always see some jobs being harder then others.
Some have more complex mechanics.
Others you have to be more robust.
Some involve more waiting and timing.
And some... are that one flavor of the day job that litterly does nothing but open doors.

Now I am not here to say what I think is the hardest but what people think is the difficulty for each job.
And i know if you roll something like a scientist... you got like 5 different departments to work on....

So additional rules....
If a job has multiplue sub departments... we will go with that sub-department.

And to help start this long line of discussion.. let's put up what I think are "The easiest job" and "The hardest job" (i know I said not to discuss whats the hardest, but this is more like how I rate it.)

Job: Janitor.
Overall Difficulty: 1/5
Complexity: 1/5
Inventory management: 4/5
Mechanics: 1/5
Explaintiion: Janitors are to me an easy job as they only have to clean rooms and most of the time.. they got amazing tools to make it easier and easier. Heck if you don't want to move just use the buff-o-matic to clean up any gunk. Mops are a godsent in flooded stations as their fibers are made of "black-holium"
However when it comes to clean every stain, dirt, garbage pick up, moving bodies and replacing lightbulbs... your inventory will always be lacking.
And how many times will someone push away your mop bucket on accident is just infuriating... this is pretty much your biggest difficulty as the job. But atleast you get to see the station!

Job: Scientist-Telesci.
Overall Difficutly: 5/5
Complexity: 3/5
Inventory Management: 3/5
Mechanics: 5/5
Explainition: Ah yes good ole telesci. Defintally a hard job due to how it works. Calibrating and learning alone takes time and A LOT OF POWER! So if engineering didn't waste time on the engine.. you might find yourself unable to continune.
So why is this one so hard? Adventure packs my friend. Your tools are limited and going to something like the lava moon could mean death if you even take one misstep. And we aren't talking "Deaths" where you leave a body.. that is.. if someone picks up your body... some deaths remove your body completely. So even if you have a record... you pretty lost all your tools... it is a BRUTAL JOB! And every shift you gotta recalibrate the teleporter.
Now imagine having to use it to get security in a certain location where the antagonists hide...without the antags noticing it... stress is high and so much can go wrong.
Like putting in the wrong coordinate and unleashing hell upon your station...

Messages In This Thread
What Job has the hardest difficulty? - by Kotlol - 03-14-2023, 12:47 PM