Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys do against stims as sec?
(03-14-2023, 08:17 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote: Killing people on stims might be problematic because they heal the damage done, so you'd need to magdump buckshot to do something considerable.

This is something I didn't know about stims until I spectated someone that was on them. You are goddamn near immortal on stims if you have decent armor on - the person I was spectating got shot a bunch of times, took loads of damage, and literally ATE an MPRT-7 rocket to the face (an MPRT-7 spawned in post-round due to admemes, I'd like to clarify) and ended up fully healing from all of it. Checking the code reveals that you will heal 10 points of BRUTE and BURN and 5 points of TOX per life cycle when on stimulants, and I think it also clears away LOSEBREATH too.

Basically, to echo what everyone else has said: you've got to deplete the stimulants first before doing anything else. Unless you have some other means of disabling the person besides regular stuns (e.g. make them slip out of an airlock and into space, and pray they don't come back), those stimulants are going to make them a goddamn menace that won't be easily disabled.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you guys do against stims as sec? - by RelentlessGarbage - 03-14-2023, 08:57 AM