Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are TTVs too powerful or too easy to make multiple of? (classic)
(02-27-2023, 05:12 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: this is another one of those player culture things where the solution isn't "make them harder to do" or "make them impossible for non-antags"

people need to be yelled at more for using them at the wrong times (gibbing people fighting a blob, doing huge collateral damage to attack one person, etc), people need to just use them less. it's like debris field loot: yes, it's there, but the expectation is that you not just abuse it over and over again.

edit: speaking as myself, of course, not for other admins

We have removed good and fun features or limited them before cause of abuse.

- Pathology.
- RCD on Ghostdrones
- The AI Core blueprint in the robotics fabricator
- Liquids and gas in Escape shuttle on RP.

It's clear this is a round ending problem and can be used for grief easily. We will see if we can yell at em more will slow it down...

I do not think TTVs should be "banned" but desuading players to go "Lol let me TTV cause it's easy and I can" will go futher then having players and admins yell at TTV users, every single time it happens.
Infact most of the things above happened cause we had to keep yelling at people to KNOCK IT OFF. Especially the escape shuttle one on RP where botanist hotboxed the shuttle every... single... shift.... then it lessened.. then it came back... 

So sorry to say Zamu that I do not agree with this sentiment this time. If every scientist antag or any antag in general just makes TTVs and bombs cloning bay and it's very frequent... It just makes players go: "Welp time to give up"

Alternatively.. you could just make medbay or clone bay immune to being bombed. It will still do damage, but no breaches or equipment damage.
That way the TTV's main target will not be medbay everytime and players will be more enticed to fix any other damage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are TTVs too powerful or too easy to make multiple of? (classic) - by Kotlol - 02-28-2023, 05:38 AM