Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a drug that can cure Addiction
(02-21-2023, 07:52 AM)Kotlol Wrote: If anything.. Medbay should have only chems at the ready to treat anyone with heavy life threatening things that are common.

Some chem combo's should just be that... used for more niche things. Despite addictions and food poisoning being very common. They aren't something medbay immidently has to cure to save someone's life. If anything, they can be lazy and say "Take a nap" or "Brew the antidote for a cost, cause your insurance doesn't cover it"
(02-21-2023, 10:08 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Discount Dan's Mint flavored Methadone

I was actually considering proposing either Methadone or Buprenorphine get added, but I decided against it because both are only effective at treating opioid addiction, and most of the addictive chems in-game are not opiates. (I know SS13 isn't the most realistic game ever, but I would've been bothered by methadone curing nicotine addiction.)

Still, adding a vending machine product that would allow for certain basic addictions be cured (a la Orange-Aid for healing eye damage or Lime-Aid for purging alcohol) could be an interesting solution. I'd suggest that such an accessible option would only do a passable job at curing addiction, though, and would be unable to cure addictions to heavier stimulants like Meth or Nicotwaine. But if you had an addiction to Nicotine or Coffee, drinking a bottle of the stuff would do the trick.

It'd also make me more comfortable with making the more powerful chem be something that is found exclusively through chemistry or a QM order, since people would have recourse to deal with less power habit-forming chems that see regular usage aside from just waiting things out in a sleeper.

(Also, I want to say that overhauling addiction in general would be good, since I think the way that it currently works is...weird, to say the least. But adding addiction-treating chems seems like a good first step/mitigating measure.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by RelentlessGarbage - 02-21-2023, 11:37 AM
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by Mouse - 02-21-2023, 10:09 AM